Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Round 1. FIGHT!

You automatically get 3 points if you recognize which video game I pulled a line from to get the title for this entry. I had my first round of chemo yesterday and I'll tell ya something, it's not fun. Two of the were pushed in with a syringe and the other two hang and drip. The combination of drugs I'm on is called ABVD, they stand for Adriamycin, Bleomycin, Vinblastine and Darcarbacine. The first three went through pretty easy but the Darcarbacine SUCKS! They have to monitor how it's going in and mixed with saline solution otherwise it burns, not just my forearm where the line is put in but also further up the vein in my bicep. The whole process isn't bad, I sit down for the line to be put it and hang out to let some fluids in before the drugs start. There are volunteers who come around with snacks and drinks and I can watch TV or use my computer while the nurse does her thang. Yesterday I finally had some time to focus on some work for Top Shelf Productions, I'm working on 4 live music videos for So Last Year. Half the battle is getting 3 cameras synched up to a pre-recorded track but it's done, now all I have to do is the actual editing.
 I'm home all day today and the rest of the week is all up in the air. I'm taking it one day at a time while I wait to see how the drugs react with my body. If I can get out of the apartment and go to work I'll be more than ahppy to do that but my sturggle is (and always has been) doing too much before I'm actually ready. The first day I think I might be going back to normal I push myself too far and take a step backward. I have to remember I'm sick and there's no getting around it any time soon. So for now I guess I'll just spend the day eating a fridge full of leftovers, napping, drinking Powerade Zero and maybe start a new TV show. Hope your day has more adventure than mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment