Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to work

Being less than a week out of surgery I was on the fence about working for the Rochester Red Wings during opening weekend. I was scheduled to work in the control room which is a lot less strenuous than camera. Saturday's game was postponed so the only one I had to work was Sunday. As soon as I walked in the door I knew I made the right choice. I love the people and the atmosphere of the ballpark. Sure I start to get sick of it in August but for the first three quarters of the season it's great! Best part is this year my boy Sam is working on the TV crew with me. Around 4pm I started to feel the strain of doing something that wasn't just sitting on the couch and watching TV. AND the game went to extra innings so when we got out of there around 6:30 I was hurting a little but it was worth it. I told my boss there's no way I'd be able to work the other two games this week and luckily he was OK with me backing out. It just felt good to be back doing a job I love so much. Here's to a successful third season!
Hockey always gives out 3 stars at the end of the game for those who excelled during the match. I'm going to give out 4 stars in no particular order for people who went above and beyond for me this week. First is Sam who drove me to Frontier Field so I could work for Red Wings and out to get dinner after the game. Second is Cassie who stayed with me both nights I was in the hospital holding my hand the whole time and took care of me when I got home. Third star goes to Kev for buying 300 Team Coozy bracelets. I'll have some later this week, if you live outside of Rochester you can buy one right from Kev and he will mail it to you. The last star is shared between a few people who share blood with me. Aunt Jeanine came to see me the afternoon I got out of the hospital to make sure I was prepped for the next few days. Mom stayed in Rochester for 2 nights and all the daylight hours in my hospital room. Dad called from Florida every day to check on me. Mike scheduled his Tuesday so he could see me in the morning and meet clients in the afternoon. Cousin Fred made the four hour round trip drive just to hang out with me for a few hours after he got out of work on Thursday. It really is the little things that make having a long term illness just a little more bearable.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment