Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Home Sweet Home

I've been home for about 6 hours now and for as much as I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital and that bed, there's a small part of me wishing I could go back. Nighttime is scary enough even when you aren't 3 days out of surgery. If there was a problem or a small concern I had at any moment, all I had to do was push the button and talk to a nurse. As you can imagine I didn't sleep much there especially since they took my vitals every 4 hours. The up side to being there though is my overnight nurse, Stefanie is awesome! She seemed willing to stay for an extra minute just to chat and she always laughed at my lame jokes. Cassie is a nurse as well so they were able to use industry jargon and talk shop with each other. Needless to say she helped keep the two of us sane from 7pm until 7am.

Now I'm home alone. I'm not being a pessimist assuming something will go wrong but now there's nobody to talk and nobody getting paid to check up on me. I'm nervous. Chances are everything will be fine but there's always that chance. My alarm is set to go off every 4 hours now so I can take my pain meds. See ya in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment