Sunday, March 30, 2014

So so sorry

I know I said I would update this thing Wednesday night but life happened, and a lot of life happened in the past week. For starters I'm not sure why I'm awake at 8am on a Sunday but I do know I'm glad I brought my ipod dock into my bedroom last night. I'm listening to the new album from The Used. Yeah I know it doesn't come out until Tuesday but I'm a PIRATE and I get what I want. I've listened to it 5 times and I love parts of it and can't stand others. Not about to give you a full album review, just felt like sharing my quick opinion of it.

Monday was the finale of lovin' cup idol and a few people in the greater Rochester area can attest to this, I was nervous as all giddy-up. At work that day, all I could think was I put all the wrong video in and nobody would like it. I spent roughly 10 hours editing a pair of 2 minute videos to play before the finalists performed. When I hit play on the first one I thought my heart was going to beat through my chest, that's how nervous I was. This was my first chance to put Top Shelf Productions on display for the public and fortunately everybody loved them. If any of this annoying medical stuff threatened to get in the way I was going ask the doctors if we could wait. These two videos I knew were going to be the best project I've ever worked on, and they turned out to be exactly what I'd hoped for. You can see them HERE.

Thursday I got some of my best friends together for all you can eat boneless wings and hockey at Quaker Steak and Lube. It was great to have one more night out with the boys before I become incapacitated next week. Not sure if they know how much it means to me that they met me out that night but I guess if they read this, then they'll know. Friday night, Top Shelf had their first paying job recording live music video's for my friend's band So Last Year. We had a 3 camera setup and I'm stoked to get working on these videos next week. Yesterday I spent a couple hours cleaning the apartment so that when I'm sitting at home all next week I wouldn't have to look at a mess. It almost looks respectable around this place...almost. Before that though, it was time for a haircut. My boy Sam volunteered to shave his head with me whenever I was ready to do it. In the event that I don't have the energy to shower next week I chose to buzz it all off now so I didn't have to deal with a greasy tangled mess. His fiance Allison gave up her time and salon chair to do it for us. Kev and Paige both shaved in New Jersey and Syracuse respectively. Here's the before and afters.
There's one person who's leading the race for fund raising all-star. Friend and co-worker Laura entered a 12 hour race to raise money for me. She plans on running for almost the full 12 hours. I might do like...a lap around the track with her. If you'd like info on how to get involved let me know. She also designed a flippin' sweet Team Coozy t-shirt pictured below. According to the website, we get about $10 back from every shirt that's purchased. I already ordered mine, now I just need a nice pair of purple converse to match. If you want one of these bad boys you can purchase one, all you have to do is click on the picture. BTW the offer still stands for a free autographed shirt to the first woman who cuts all her hair off.
http://www.tfund.com/teamcoozy
I knew on Friday the 21st I would be having surgery but I chose to wait until I met with the surgeon to find out details and a date before I told all of y'all. That surgery is tomorrow, I have to be at the hospital by 6:15am. So maybe it's not that bad to be awake early, maybe I'll wanna go to bed early tonight. Actually I'll probably screw that up. I was laughing as I typed that because I was just thinking I'll likely pull a move my dad is notorious for. He usually watches all of NASCAR's pre race coverage and then falls asleep in the first 50 laps, waking up periodically to check the status. Like father like son. But I digress. I don't know if I'm excited for this surgery to tell us what's wrong with my lungs or if I'm nervous about the overnight in the hospital and the anxiety that will ensue being out of work for about a week while I recover. Guess either way I'll have plenty of time to share my feelings with you. If you wanna come visit me after I'm a free man I would encourage it. Not sure I'll be the best host but I bet I'll be able to sit and watch a movie with you :). Until then, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment