Monday, March 3, 2014

Two things...count em...one, two

So after re-reading my entry from last night I wanna make sure everyone knows one small thing. I'm not saying you don't know how I feel but after talking to other people my age with my diagnosis, there's no way to really wrap your head around it. When I received my diagnosis in January I had this quick back and forth with the Nurse Practitioner:

NP: Hodgkins Lymphoma blah blah blah, chemo and radiation blah blah blah (I stopped listening at
        one point)
Me: So, I have cancer?
NP: Yes
Me: Say it out loud please.

When he looked me in the eye and said "You have cancer.", that's when everything becomes real and that's when you know what it feels like. Make sense? I just hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings.

Point number two has nothing to do with the first. I spent the evening at a restaurant called Lovin' Cup for their singing competition called Lovin' Cup Idol. For the second year I've done video work to be played during the competition. Tonight I sat at the "big kid's media table" with my homie Steph who runs a live twitter feed on @lovincupidol. For some reason tonight I enjoyed myself more than pervious weeks while I recorded the performances. For a few hours I forgot I was sick, I felt normal, I felt 100% alive. Added bonus that I got to see radio stars Megan Carter , Justine and saw my man Logan KILL IT with So Last Year. My twitter got a shoutout from @lovincupidol, music director for the competition Willie dropped my name during intermission announcements and I gave away a business card to someone who might want to use my expert abilities in the field of video editing. I had an awesome night.

Like I said, I'll have my good days and bad days. Today was a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment