Monday, July 7, 2014

Oh what a relief it is

Today was the last of my 10 radiation treatments, that's the good news. The bad...my mouth and throat have been DESTROYED! Radiation to the neck really does a number on everything else, including my energy level. I put myself on a liquid/soft diet and for 5 days I've been eating soup, mashed potatoes, over cooked pasta and I've been hungry ever since. It's going to take some time to heal but at least I have about a month before there are any more tests or scans. It gives me a chance to feel normal again. They'll give it about 4 weeks before I go for another PET scan and that will show what kind of affect the treatments had on the tumors. Tomorrow I'm headed to Warped Tour for the first time in 7 years, hopefully I have enough energy to keep up with all the kids. The next 4 weekends look promising as well with different events planned with friends and family. It's going to be nice to live what seems like a regular cancer free life for a while. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment