Saturday, May 24, 2014

Ups and Downs

Felt like I was on a roller coaster again for the past week. I was finally able to get over a cold that sent me to the emergency room the week before, some of my best friends came to visit for the day, I had chemo again, I ALMOST threw up at work, met with the radiologist and I saw a comedian I've been wanted to see for a few years now.

Paige and Danielle's visit last weekend was the best thing that could have happened to me. They got in middle afternoon, we went to the Lilac Festival and bombed around there for a couple hours then went out to dinner. During dinner we decided we wanted to go to the Rochester Knighthawks lacrosse game. If you've never been to an indoor lax game I would HIGHLY recommend it. It's a very fast paced action packed violent game and I loved every second of it. Throughout the day Danielle kept saying how much she liked Rochester which made me feel awesome cause I'm kinda fond of this city myself.

A couple days ago I got to see Josh Blue at The Comedy Club, he's a stand-up comic with Cerebral Palsy who I caught on Comedy Central a few years ago. Josh uses his disability a lot in his act and I think it's hilarious. His set was top notch and well worth $12, plus I got to take a picture with him afterwards.

My appointment with the radiologist went well, though he is a strange little man. I'll be starting radiation a few weeks after my last chemo which is June 4. Side effects should be minimal because Hodgkins Lymphoma patients normally get a lower dose than other cancers AND mine is not very aggressive so I get the low end for HL. Can't wait for this to just be done and behind me because the headaches and nausea from chemo are starting to get old really fast. I don't know how other people can put up with it 8 or 10 times, I've only had 3 and I'm totes over it. Nobody said cancer would be fun but come on this is getting ridiculous.

I still have a TON of team coozy merch if you're in the market for that kinda thing. I also set up accounts on ebay, etsy and fiverr to try and offload some of the koozies. Next week my goal is to work 25+ hours, something I haven't done in well over a month. If I lay low this weekend and save my energy I think I might be able to pull it off, Like I've said before it's always good to have goals and things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment