Thursday, May 1, 2014

♫ It's just another day ♫

I'll give you 3 points and a free hug if you can name the song and artist above.

I had a laid back day working from home for a few hours filling greeting card orders for CatPrint. It's awesome that Becca let's me bring supplies home so I can work comfortably from my couch and I don't feel rushed to get it all done in one sitting. I took a break in the afternoon to have lunch with my old man and his fiance at my favorite diner, Mark's Texas Hots after they flew in from Florida. They were happy cause it's good an cheap, $25 for 3 people to eat lunch. We caught up on life, our illnesses and the benefit on Sunday. Oh yeah, have you heard there's something going on Sunday?

The more we talked about it the more excited I was getting. When he first told me about it months ago I was all like "yeah ok". Now that it's days away and I realized how much fun it's going to be I'm starting to get pumped. It's going to be a GREAT opportunity for me to see so many people I like and forget for a day that I'm sick. That's all assuming I don't over do it AND people don't treat me like I'm sick. As long as we stick to that plan everything should be OK.

When I checked my mail this afternoon there was a card from an old friend's girlfriend and someone I've recently started to consider one of my best friends lately. Danielle is a 6th grade teacher and her whole class signed a card for me. Earlier this week I missed a call from another friend's girlfriend, see a trend here? She said their 3 1/2 year old son wanted to say hi cause he missed me. When I asked if they've explained to him that Uncle Pat is sick this is the exact response: "Yes and no. He knows that you have to go to the hospital and the Dr but he doesn't understand much more than that. When I showed him a pic of you getting chemo he said he needed to kiss your boo boo and give you a band-aid and you would be all better". Why do people insist on making me cry?

Now it's time for a quick nap and then cheer on the Bruins as they start their second round series tonight. I've said it before, when you have cancer there are good days and there are bad. Today was a good cancer day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment