Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One more positive

So before I get all emo and complain about how crappy I feel after chemo I thought I'd let you know how awesome of a time I had recently. For about a week and a half I didn't feel sick and it was awesome. Last week  worked 30+ hours, the most I've done in over a month and a half. It was almost like I was getting back to a normal life.

A couple weeks ago I was was sitting on the couch Saturday afternoon thinking about how bored I was and said screw it, I'm going to Syracuse next weekend. I planned it out just right that I got to see a lot of my favorite people, watch hockey, eat Brooklyn Pickle and go to the races for the first time this season.

As I sit here writing this with an IV in my arm getting what should be my final chemo, I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that it will get easier from here. There will be a small setback as my body processes the chemo out over the next few days but the goal is to be healthy enough for a trip to Fingerlakes Racetrack on Saturday for my birthday. It's always fun to throw some money around and yell at the horses to run faster, hopefully I can make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment